Friday, December 08, 2006

...and the results are:

Crap.

Well, the morning session was crap. Have you ever written an exam where you looked up at the clock and discovered that you were half done and there were only 15 more minutes to complete 40 questions? Then you might have done what I did this morning; start filling in answers randomly, with no thought to process or rules of engagement. They can't give me partial marks if I write nothing. So I wrote something. Gibberish is better than blank, right?

The afternoon session went quite well. Though I have some complaints about the format and the authenticity of assessment that would be possible from such a poorly constructed exam. But I expected that, so didn't let it phase me.

I didn't have to pee and my back held up to the strain. Thanks to you all for the good vibes. The Babe tried to kick me answers in Morse code, but I don't speak Morse code.

I am still upset about my crappy morning. Well, sort of. I believe it is still possible to pass. And that is all I care about. Whatever my mark is, I will not be satisfied - I could have answered properly, given a little more time...

Only one more examination to complete to achieve the certification that I am working towards. Perhaps in the summer I will do that. Until then, I shall put it all out of my mind.

Tonight is the office Christmas dinner. I hope there is something double-chocolatey for dessert. I earned it!

6 comments:

Treggles said...

I love the thought of babe using morse code to communicate! I wonder if that works the other way, too?

Enjoy the meal. Eat chocolate.

Rosepetal said...

Whatever the results, I am glad that it is one stress that is over for now.

I hope they had the cake you were looking for! You definitely have earned it!

Emma's Mum said...

you never know, you may have done better than you think.....but in any case, I am glad it is over!

Anonymous said...

Good on you for getting through such a tough exam period - you are amazing!!! I have everything crossed for a pass.

Now go enjoy some cake - you certainly deserve it!

kate said...

hoping for cake and a pass! It's true, you never know, you may have done better than you think ;)

kate said...

hoping for cake and a pass! It's true, you never know, you may have done better than you think ;)