Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Things to do in the next 150 days:

  1. Study for and write final examinations for the two courses that I just signed up for...(yes, I am an idiot and a sucker for punishment. No, this isn't for fun; they are both co-requisites for a class I took in January).
  2. Get my whole house clean, all at the same time, in the same week (upside of the aforementioned classes - my tutor comes to my house twice a week, so at least the kitchen and living room have to be clean on a regular basis, boding hope for the rest of the house).
  3. Finish my son's scrapbook.
  4. Come up with an ingenious method for storing all of the "too-cute-to-pass-up" baby clothes that we couldn't pass up.
  5. Finish putting up decorative items in the nursery that we have had in storage for two years.
  6. Actually go to my job and work. What is so hard about that some days? There are projects that must be completed before I go on leave. Also, I must begin the abhorrent application process for my leave and EI benefits.
  7. Quit watching TV and start reading instead. Better for your brain. I am currently reading Memoirs of a Geisha. Very bestseller-y, I know, but it was in my house, so I started reading it. I resisted this long on account of Madonna's geisha phase. But now that Madonna has moved on, I suppose I can. P.S. I really loved this book.

Now, for a little light bedtime reading (and, obviously, ensuing dead baby nightmares...), I will go and read through Dr. Collins' UCA research (as given here and here) with a highlighter in one hand and our son's autopsy report in the other. Preparation for tomorrow's prenatal checkup, wherein I will request that my care from this point on follow the cord monitoring protocol as recommended by Dr. C. I am such a disciple.

TOTALLY OFF TOPIC - Now that I think of it, could someone please tell me what an HMO is? What does HMO stand for? This is not a part of the healthcare system here...

1 comment:

SWH said...

HMO is Health Management Organization...

I'm not sure I can explain correctly how it differs from other options of insurance... but in the US there has been a big switch to HMO's... usually there is a 'network' of doctors to choose from and you often need a referal for most things from your primary care doctor.

Good luck with your list. :)