Friday, June 29, 2007

It's a bust (ha, ha, a little breastfeeding humour there)

So there were only 3 mother women at the Breastfeeding Mom's group this morning. I didn't really connect with any of them. One was particularly annoying. And there were no formal introductions, so no simple way to bring C. into the conversation.

I don't mind talking about C. when it is natural to bring him into the conversation. But I don't think that I am going to get to the point where I say "So.... I had a dead baby. How 'bout you?" when there is a lull in conversation.

It was a little sad, though, to watch their older children play. There is about the same difference between my two kids and their two kids. And that is something that my heart notices.

-----

Thanks to everyone for popping in to say "hi." Especially those of you who lurk or don't comment much. Sometimes I feel like I send words out into the ether and no one notices. Now I am certain that someone notices. Thank you, my friends.

3 comments:

Treggles said...

Only just seen your earlier post. I'm always here, too, Delphi.

niobe said...

"So.... I had a dead baby. How 'bout you?"

That's a great line. Mind if I steal it and try it out on any new people I meet?

delphi said...

Feel free, Niobe. Let me know how it goes, okay? ;)