Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Time to wake up.

I have spent a lot of time in the past couple of days again reviewing the literature related to cord accidents. I have been in touch with Dr. Collins (thanks for the push, Catherine) and I am feeling relatively confidant that I am as educated as I can be.

Next step - continue to educate my doctor (aside: I sure hope that she knows I trust her, even though I bring her volumes of Case Studies and am constantly quoting Dr. Collins).

Final step - come to the realization that, no matter how much research I do into cord accidents, there is no way to bring C. back to life. My brain understands, but my heart doesn't.

Nothing is going to bring him back.

2 comments:

Rosepetal said...

(((Hugs)))
Thanks for the warning that the brain vs heart crap is not going away any time soon.

Anonymous said...

Good for you for being so proactive, I am sure your dr knows she is trusted :) My OB was forever being handed articles to read, and it really did help us to work out the right strategy to take.

I'm so glad that your recent appt went so well.

Thinking of you and the Babe.