Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Right on, Rose.

Thanks for the book list. I shall mine my local library and see what I come up with. Sadly, the Bill Richardson (former host of the CBC afternoon radio show, and a pretty cool guy) novel that I am reading isn't very good. I haven't decided if I will turf it or finish it.

The sauce was good. It takes at least an hour to boil it down to "sauce", not the 20-30 mintues the recipe suggests. But then, I have made fresh sauce before. I knew that 20 minutes was a pipe dream. And hooray for my wonderful husband who did all the chopping.

Now, from today's episode of Criminal Minds:

It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, (protecting its sanity), covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But, it is never gone.
--
Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy

4 comments:

Anam Cara said...

Glad the sauce was good. It sounded yummy. I've read that quote by ROse Kennedy and it really hit home for me too. How right she was.

kate said...

Yeah, that's one of my favorite quotes. From a woman who knows.

Anam Cara said...

By the way, re your belly photo - I think your bump is the perfect size! Definitely not too big. It looks totally normal for 20 weeks. You look great.

whatthef*ck said...

thanks for commenting on my blog-yours was the very first and only-besides my friend. i am so grateful to have found this community and am just starting to work my way through some of the relevant blogs.

hopefully advice doesnt piss you off but i had braxton-hicks contractions with my livng son and living daughter from about 16 weeks on. they frequently took my breath away. i had them alot when i was active, walking especially. i took them as a cue, sometimes, to get a glass of water and lay down. lots of times i just ignored them. one theory is that the uterus is warming up for the big day. too bad my overachieving uterus didnt know about the scheduled c-sections.

20 weeks, wow. you've come a long way and you've got a long way to go. i will read more of your blog before i say anything else. i have a lot of thoughts about being utterly petrified and pregnant.

i can't believe i am trying to get on that rollercoaster one more time. actually i can believe it because it is worth it, worth it, worth it.