Sunday, January 06, 2008

Tomorrow

Tomorrow I return to work. I know most of you live in places where maternity leaves are substantially shorter than the year that we get in Canada, however, it still feels too short. I knew that I would feel this way, but it doesn't make it any easier.

Thankfully, I will only work afternoons, though I am moving into a 70% position (meaning I will have a lot of overtime work that I will have to do in evenings). It is a salaried position, so I am expected to get my work done, no matter how many overtime hours it means. Unfortunately, my husband does similar work with similar expectations, so I have to admit I am worried how we are going to balance family and work.

My resolution for this year, blogging-wise, is to post more. My stats tell me that I am getting half the visits I used to. I don't blame anyone - this is getting to be a really boring blog.

6 comments:

niobe said...

Good luck on your return to work. It's great that you were able to negotiate such a family-friendly schedule.

Mrs. Collins said...

I go back to work tomorrow too! Yuck all around!

kate said...

Me too! Well, i have been at work, but i had a vacation. It is *always* too short, somehow. Yeah, i also have a boring blog that few people read anymore..but not sure i can really do much about it. Oh well! Oops i am supposed to be in a meeting now. Fun fun stuff.

The Goddess G said...

Wishing you well on your return to work!
~Carole

Rosepetal said...

Hope today goes as well as it can!

Aurelia said...

I hope you do post more! I'll read!