- I gained WAAAAAAAAY too much this month. This MUST be controlled in the next 13 weeks (11 if I have my way). Thanksgiving and Halloween are over. No more treats until Christmas, right?
- Fundal height measured a little too big. I am not really worried about it and an ultrasound is scheduled for less than 2 weeks, so we will double check size then, I am sure.
- We are starting bi-weekly NSTs* tomorrow.
- Glucose screen tomorrow.
- Refill of hemorrhoid cream prescribed.
- Learned that the hospital obstetric schedule for our city has changed, so we may have to deliver (in January, in Canada, probably -30 degrees C) 80 kilometers away. If I am lucky, I can share a room with a meth-head instead of enjoying the comfortable, homey, private room in my own hospital 5 blocks away (sarcasm drips).
How am I dealing? I am holding it together. Some days better than others.
The people who "knew me when" have been relatively sensitive about not trying to discuss this pregnancy too much. It's the people that I have recently met are still are chatty - maternity leave, what are you having, blah blah blah. Some days I can handle it, some days it makes me SOOOOO angry - mind your own damn business, please. The unsolicited advice. Look, I've done this before.
My body hurts. I am having lots of Braxton Hicks. They take my breath away. I try not to worry, but...
I am exhausted from my work schedule. I just finished something of a major project. Now on to Phase 2. I am worn out.
I am thrilled to have reached 27 weeks. The Babe's closet is chock full of the most adorable outfits ever. This kid is going to be way better dressed than me. Also, movement has settled into a nice little pattern, which means when nap-time comes around at 2 p.m. I don't panic.
Getting there, getting there. Right?
*no, not nests. Sorry for the confusion, Treggles!
Okay. Tests were fine. Here is a problem, though:
1.occurring every two weeks.
2.occurring twice a week.
How can one little benign word mean two completely opposite things??? The NSTs will be "every two weeks", not "twice a week."
I think the real question on everyone's mind is this: why on earth did she write this post in the first place if the whole thing would be so full of confusion, misspellings, nests, and general craziness. I give up. Consider this post corrected - for the last time!!!
P.S. Hooray (scroll down to see the whole thing...)!!